Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Black Cherry Firewood




 
Black Cherry Firewood
I was surprised that my little 14 inch battery pack chain saw was able to so easily handle the cutting of all this firewood (the biggest rounds are about 14 inches). In the process, I learned to effectively sharpen the chain, and do some fine tuning regarding saw maintenance. Splitting this black cherry wood with a splitting axe is surprisingly easy....nice clean splits. I wish I'd gotten to more of the blow-down in this mature woodlot in earlier years, but these battery pack chainsaws are relatively new, and it's not nearly as pleasant using a gas chain saw to do this work. I don't even attempt to do anything with the widow-makers that you can see here.....the black cherry that you see leaning is hung up on another tree, so it likely won't fall properly for a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment